Blockchain News

PEPE Memecoin: From Joke to Reality, Price Soars 1,000% in Two Days

The market capitalization of PEPE has reached almost $146 million, with over 24,500 unique holders. 

PEPE Memecoin Becomes the Hottest New Token

New meme coin sensation PEPE’s price rose 1000 percent in the last two days, according to CoinMarketCap. PEPE's market capitalization has grown to nearly $146 million, and it has attracted over 24,500 unique holders since its launch.   

Further, the meme coin launched on April 16 has run over 21,000% in the past three days, clocking $30 million in trading volumes on Uniswap and reaching a market capitalization of $33 million on April 18.  

Moreover, the trading volume fluctuated around $152 million, a rise of 174% in the last 24 hours. The total circulating supply of the token is 429 trillion, of which 93.1% has already been sent to the liquidity pool, burned, and renounced, leaving only 6.9 percent for CEX listings, bridges, and liquidity pools.

Source

The PEPE coin roadmap promises token-gated Discord groups, partnerships, CEX listings, merch, T1 exchange listings, and a burning mechanism.

Worth noting, four days ago, a crypto investor traded 0.125 ETH for 5.9 trillion PEPE tokens which are currently worth over $1.7 million. Nevertheless, the PEPE holder may have difficulty realizing the profit because of liquidity concerns. 

The volatility of meme coins is higher than that of blue-chip cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ether, which are low-risk assets. The most popular meme currencies tend to trend for short periods and cool off shortly afterward since they are susceptible to news updates. 

With PEPE rallying, developers have created related projects - WOJAK, a project named after a popular memetic character, has already risen to a $10M market cap. 

Among the meme-themed cryptocurrencies gaining traction in mid-April 2023, PEPE is not the only one. For instance, ArbDoge AI (AIDOGE), a meme coin based on Arbitrum, spiked by over 1000% in the last 48 hours.

What is PEPE coin:

Pepe is a new meme coin that competes with the existing Doge meme coins. The meme coin was launched in stealth, with no presale, no taxes, no LP burnt, and no contract renounced.

The meme coin's mascot is Furie's Pepe, a cartoonish frog with a green humanoid body that first appeared in the 2005 comic Boy's Club. The meme went viral in the 2010s and has continued to resurface even years later.

Where to find PEPE:

Website I Twitter I Discord  

Related News